Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Are Mormons Christian?




 Dr. Geisler does a great job in explaining why Mormonism is NOT Christian. It can be very confusing because Mormons will often times use the same terminology and language that Christians use but they are importing different meanings into the words.

Mormons believe Jesus Christ is a created being and the spirit brother of Lucifer (Satan) and not the eternal Son of God  as orthodox Christianity teaches. http://en.fairmormon.org/Jesus_Christ/Brother_of_Satan

They fully reject the doctrine of the Trinity which says there is only one God who exists and it is the Triune God of the bible who is one in essence and three in person. Mormons believe that there are many gods and that one day we can become gods through obedience to the scriptures and good works.  This of course is polar opposite to what scripture teaches that there is only one God in existence:



1-Isaiah 43:10 "Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. 

2-Isaiah 44:6 "I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

3- (Isaiah 44:8 ESV)

"Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
There is no Rock; I know not any.”

4- (Isaiah 45:5 ESV)

"I am the LORD, and there is no other,
besides me there is no God;
I equip you, though you do not know me"

5- (Deuteronomy 6:4 ESV)

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one."

I am not "Anti-Mormon" but I am "Anti-Mormon" theology because it contradicts and confuses biblical theology and the person of Jesus Christ and who God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment